No wonder it didn't win any awards


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So I decided on the weekend to see King Kong. And well I was looking to waste some time but I was hoping that it wasn't going to be such a waste. Did anyone else think this movie sucked? Or am I the only one?

If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it for you if you still intend on watching this crap. However I did enjoy it up until they got to the island and ran into the locals... after that it went downhill faster than Antoine Deneriaz on a ski hill (look it up).

The CG was pretty cool. I am sure Peter Jackson would have it no other way, but it doesn't make up for the scenes that dragged on or had nothing AT ALL to do with the story.

It kind of reminded me of Chronicles of Narnia. Which, looking back I forgot to post on... anyway. Both Chronicles and Kong had at least 4-5 scenes they could have cut to make the movies much shorter and more to the point.

So unless you are a die hard Peter Jackson or King Kong fan I wouldn't do much more than rent it when it is released on Tuesday. Make sure you have 3 hours to spare to get through it as well.

Chronicles of Narnia will be released to DVD April 4, 2006. Again unless you are a die hard fan, I wouldn't bother with this one either.

This week in TV I am attempting to watch all of the original episodes of the Transformers. I can't wait for the live action movie next summer. Check out the site www.transformerslive.com


0 Responses to “No wonder it didn't win any awards”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile