That's a lot of V's


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I decided to go see V for Vendetta this past weekend. I had never read the comic books but it was still a great movie. Great story, great action, and a great cast. This will be added to my ever growing collection of Natalie Portman movies. Definite Purchase, if only for this quote...

"This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

After watching it on saturday afternoon, I thought "Why not make it an all Natalie weekend?" Flipping though my collection I pulled out... The Proffesional, Heat, Beautiful girls, Where the Heart Is, Anywhere But Here, Star Wars: Ep 1, Closer and finally Mars Attacks. I didn't manage to watch them all just The Proffesional, Beautiful Girls and Mars Attacks.

I still haven't been able to watch CLoser since I saw it in the theater. This may seem kind of weird since it is part of my collection, but I found I had a very real connection to the characters in the movie and remember myself having those conversations with others in my life years ago. Still freaks me out, but I can't just let it sit on the shelf... maybe next weekend.

Just as a side, and maybe something for Cuppojoe to watch for... I noticed that in Peter Jacksons "King Kong" Look in the background, there are an unbelievable amount of the letter "K" hiding in the scenery and backdrops.


2 Responses to “That's a lot of V's”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well hello there. :) I managed to find you through my site meter because people were accessing my site through yours. Good to see you here.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i'm sorry for repeating what you already said but that is Alot of V's...wow! We haven't seen that one yet but i like Natalie,i think she is a good actress.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile