The train Derailed on my way to Find Neverland


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



2 more movies to add to the list. Well one more on each of the Good and Bad lists.

Having no plans for yesterday night I decided to sit down and... what else... watch movies. I had plenty of choices at home but decided I needed one more. Went down to the local video store and picked up Derailed. Starring Vincent Cassel, Clive Owen, Jennifer Aniston, RZA and Xzibit. I have really been enjoying Clive Owens acting lately in King Arthur, Closer, Sin City. Quite good, kind of creepy and his voice is powerful. I had been wanting to see Derailed since I first saw the trailer. Suspence, romance, a little violence, it all sounded like a good combination... I guess I expected too much. The movie started very slow and there was no real flow to it, just given to you in chunks. The general story is Owen and Aniston have an affair, a robber (Cassel) breaks in and catches them. Robber proceeds to extort money out of Owen. The story did turn around near the end and straighten itself out but not before I had given up on it. This is still a worthy rental, but don't pay more than $4 for it.

The second movie was Finding Neverland. Already part of my collection I had yet to sit down and watch it. I do this a lot, mostly because everyone I talked to before it was released to DVD were raving about it. They couldn't have been more right! What an amazing movie! Starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet in the story of the man , James Barrie, who wrote Peter Pan. The imagination this man had to come up with such a great story is amazing. This is a definite purchase, though I found I really wanted to watch "Peter Pan" and "Hook" after watching it, you might want to pick those up at the same time.

Well off to set all the clocks in my house. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


2 Responses to “The train Derailed on my way to Find Neverland”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I love your new heading-it's beautiful!

    We saw Finding Neverland and we all loved it (adults and kids)...the script was magical and performances were awesome. Definetely worth seeing again.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Upon the persuasive recommendation of Mr Cuppojoe I decided to visit. You may count me among your subscribers from now on (I will always read your posts in situ however, not in my aggregator, because your blog does look enchanting; I almost feel as if I'm in a film theatre).

    I'm afraid I haven't seen Finding Neverland yet – because at the time the trailer seemed ugly and rather uninspiring (!?) – but I will certainly pick it up from the DVD rental place some time. Depp and Winslet, has to be a sparkling combination I suppose!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile