Heroes and Villains


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Superman 1, 2, 3 - Finally! I had never seen these movies ever in my life, except for bits and pieces on TV over the years. One and Two were good. Three was a little weird, Superman drinking then having to fight a computer... not that good. I am set to watch #4 today and soon Superman Returns is out on DVD. I would buy this collection just for the fact that Christopher Reeve is an amazing actor. I also liked how Annette O'Toole who plays Lana Lang in the Third movie is now Martha Kent in Smallville on TV.

Blade Trinity - I figured I might as well complete the trilogy. I found Trinity to be much better than the Blade 2. Better story, cooler fight scenes, and the characters finally grow up a little. I wouldn't purchase any of these movies but One and Three are worth watching.

Underworld Evolution - Sticking with the Vampire theme I finally saw this one too. WOW. Much better than the first! More story, great characters, better action, all around just better. And nothing really beats Kate Beckinsale is tight, tight leather. Yowza!! Both of the Underworld movies are worth the purchase.

10th and wolf - A mobsters son (James Marsden) get discharged from the Army during the gulf war and returns to Philadelphia. Working this the Feds to turn in a big crime boss so his little brother and childhood friend don't go to jail. It has a ton of Camio's (Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Tommy Lee) as well as a great cast... Giovanni Ribisi, Piper Perabo, Brad Renfro, Brian Dennehy. This may not be a purchase as I can't imagine watching it more than once but it is worth watching. Great story, check it out next time you are at the video store.

Saw 3 - Finally the wait is over! Went to see this Friday on Opening night. The movie was AWESOME! This is a must see and must purchase. The way the story comes together, and brings all the movies together really is great! The third is much more gory than the first two though so be warned. Worth watching in the theater and worth the box set once it comes out.

I finally think I am done traveling for work. We finished up in Grande Prairie this week and everything went really well. I got another rental truck while I was up there and thought I would review it as well.

2007 Ford Explorer - This baby was fully loaded. Heated leather seats, 6 CD/MP3 stereo, 5 passenger seating, auto everything (lights, locks, seats including push button to lower the back 2 seats for more storage). It was so pimp! The drawbacks were the V8 that it had was ok but not great. Off the line it was slow but once it was in 3rd gear around 3000rpm it shot off like a rocket. Again being a Ford the speakers and sound weren't great but did the job. Overall it was worth the rental but I wouldn't buy one.

This is probably the last summer picture for a while as we are getting dumped on by snow today. Perfect timing as usual, 2 days before Halloween. This was taken where we have been scouting for locations to have the wedding. Enjoy!


2 Responses to “Heroes and Villains”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I agree, saw III was good. I liked the ending, but found it a little disappointing. I don't think it had anything to do with the end though, I just think Saw III had a lot to live up to after II's ending. There was definitely some good plot writing in it though, I liked how it was a continuation, not just a reiteration. I also liked how they gave some more insight into how Saw I happened. My question is, do you think it is still possible for a Saw IV?

    I know a lot of people who hated Saw I. I say you should watch Saw II even if you didn't like the original, because it is a lot less character/plot and more horror. If you liked Saw II, then you will most likely like Saw III, if you didn't though, don't bother.

    Long story short, I will be adding this to my collection to complete the trilogy.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    well, the place looks beautiful. your wedding is going to be just perfect..everything will go smooth and the joy and love will be overflowing.

    never seen superman? now i'm shocked..even i, who apparently hasn't seen most of anything saw them, lol..well, glad you like them..

    i'm sure the travels have worn you out..so enjoy being at one place again..take care. say hi to your beautiful lady.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile