Not what I expected.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Three more movies to cover... I was hoping to do eight but my week got too busy.

Stick it - The story is about a punk girl who used to be on her way up and heading to the world championships of Gymnastics. She turned her back on it and now after causing some trouble is forced back into the gym instead of going to jail. Don't ask me how swapping gymnastics for juvy solves the problem but it does make for a funny movie. Think of this as "Bring it on" but with real gymnastics and no pom-poms. Hopefully this ends up on TV soon as it isn't really worth renting or buying. Still a good laugh if you can rent it on a cheap night.

Over the hedge - Very, VERY cute animated movie. Loads of criters, jokes, good story, lessons learned, and fun for everyone. The voices lent to this film were amazing too... Bruce Willis, Garry Shandling, Steve Carell, Wanda Sykes, William Shatner, Nick Nolte, Thomas Haden Church, Eugene Levy... let me catch my breath... Avril Lavigne, Catherine O'Hara, Allison Janney. Wow!! The story follows RJ, a raccoon (Willis) who after a long winter is in search of food and takes some that doesn't belong to him. He meets some new friends and learns a little about himself along the way. Definitely go out and pick this one up for the kids. They will be able to watch it over and over again.

16 Blocks - Not at all what I expected. I pictured your typical Bruce Willis shoot'em up cop movie. It still had that but more a of story behind it and a twist that made it that much more interesting. Basic rundown is Willis must take a witness 16 blocks from the precinct to the court house to testify for a trial. Well let just say some people don't want the witness to make it there. Rental or purchase, it'll be worth your money.


2 Responses to “Not what I expected.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I enjoyed Over the Hedge quite a bit too .. the whole thing just seemed to have a manic spirit I loved, and it was easily the best animated movie of this summer

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    over the hedge is awesome...and the kids loved it too :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile