Two thumbs up, two thumbs down


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Being sick yesterday I took advantage of the downtime to catch up on some more movies. I watched 4 that is right FOUR movies in between the cups of tea and chicken noodle soup.

Eight Below - Starring Paul Walker, Jason Biggs and a bunch of dogs. It is based on a group of Antarctic explorers who are forced to leave their team of sled dogs behind suddenly as a major snow storm rolls in. Walker is determined to make it back and save the dogs who must now survive the ice and cold of the Antarctic. Overall it wasn't a bad movie. The scenery was amazing and the dogs were increadibly well trained. Pick it up for the kids. Definite rental.

Casanova - Starring Heath Ledger as the famed fornicator. Now I am glad I didn't see this one in the theater. It wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't great either. It was entertaining enough that it would be worth a rental.

Sahara - Again no wonder I didn't see it in the theater. Bad story more over bad two stories they mashed into one, the HORRIBLE continuity (broken window in first shot, then not then broken again and not just one scene), the bad acting of Penélope Cruz, the list goes on. I won't bore you with the details of the movie... just stay away.

The Benchwarmers - We go from bad to worse. Was this movie supposed to be funny? Basic rundown Joe Dirt, Napoleon Dynamite, and Deuce Bigalow play baseball against 8-12 year olds to prove they aren't nerds anymore. Did I mention this sucked? Well it sucked. Don't bother, not for you or your kids. It will just distroy your minds.


4 Responses to “Two thumbs up, two thumbs down”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    so sorry to hear that you have been ill...hope the rest, tlc and chicken soup helps to get you back on your feet soon...take care...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wudrich, thought I'd just get back to you right here and now. Sorry to hear you're ill and I'm sorry that I haven't seen a single one of these films, but the brewski of my choice, since you asked, is and will forever be the oid, plain and simple beer called pils(ner).

    Trust me, come over here and you'll know why; it's good and it's like food.

    But when it's really hot, we go for: 1/4 pastis, 2/4 of cold, very cold water and 1/4 of ice, and boy if that isn't the cooling summer drink I wouldn't know ;-)

    Let me know what you think (drink).

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Interesting... We usually have fairly similar taste in movies but it's pretty different this time. I thought Casanova was terrible, really enjoyed Sahara (but I like Clive Cussler and thought they did a pretty good job of sticking to the book) and I thought the Benchwarmers was HILARIOUS! A. and I saw it in the theatre and I'm looking forward to watching it again at home.

    Oh, and we went to see Dead Man's Chest last weekend and, while enjoyable, I agree with you about the dialogue. There were several times that I was rolling my eyes.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Here you will find articles penis about serious penis enlargement products and much more like penis conditions, erection, sexual health, sexuality, jelqing, penis enlargement pills. Visit: www.sinepenis.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile