A trip through the stargate


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have finally caught up on all the theater movies I want to see... for now, next week it starts all over again and keeps going for 7 weeks. What a fantastic summer this is going to be! So many great movies like The Lake House, Click (Adam Sandler RULES!), Superman Returns, The Devil Wears Prada, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Lady in the Water, Monster House...

and a few less interesting that can probably wait for DVD... Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Garfield's A Tail of Two Kitties, Nacho Libre, You, Me and Dupree, Clerks II, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Miami Vice, and The Ant Bully.

Since I have caught up on all the movies, I have been getting back to TV. This week I am sitting and watching (as many episodes as I can of) Stargate SG1. I was a huge fan of the movie and own it on DVD. I was never a fan of the show when it was on TV but hey, I have nothing else to watch.

SG1 is turning out to be a good show. I like the fact that they incorporate so many historical cultures into the show. I am still only halfway through the first season but from what I am told it gets a lot better. Sounds kind of like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, slow at the start, then great story and battles near the end.

I am also a huge fan of the new Stargate: Atlantis and hopefully by watching all of SG1 it should pull both stories a little closer together.


2 Responses to “A trip through the stargate”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oh see??? And I'm including "Nacho Libre" and "Fast and the Furious" to the watch on big screen list. And to boot, I'm *still* not up to date with the stuff playing that I still want to see. I need more days in the week!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    My list of Big Screen vs. DVD is almost identical to yours... with one exception.

    Maybe it's my advanced age, but I'm seriously jonesing to see Miami Vice in the theatre! When I was a teenager, the sound of the theme song for the TV show would bring me racing to the living room, no matter where I was in the house.

    (Note: If I'm using the can at your house and that song comes on, you might want to lower the volume and spare us all a great deal of embarrassment)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile