What's with me and four?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Inside Man - Awesome movie. How can you go wrong? Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Denzel Washington! Great bank robbery story, it truely is the perfect crime. Definite purchase, you are going to need to watch it a couple of times... just that cool.

The Family Stone - I bought this on Sunday and watched it. Worth every penny. Too many plot lines to describe but the director did a great job of bringing it all together. Family mayhem, a little humor and a little sadness all roled into one. Definite rental.

The Matador - Good story but not as good as I had hoped. An aging assassin going through a mid-life crisis finds a friend in a strugling business man. Both of them help each other get through some rough patches in their lives. Pick it up as a rental.

The hills have eyes - 2006 Remake. I think Wes Craven is losing his touch. I didn't find this movie entertaining or scary. It did make me want to vomit a couple of times though. Maybe the original was better, but I have no desire to see it now. Don't bother with this one.

I tried to watch Good Night, and Good Luck last night but it seemed kind of serious and I got about 10 minutes in and had to turn it off. Will re-attempt closer to the end of the week.


4 Responses to “What's with me and four?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I was wondering if I should see "Inside Man"... The trailer looked great, but I was afraid it would end up to be a crappy movie I was "tricked" into seeing. That's the most annoying thing Hollywood does... and it works!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Dude, I disagree 100% on your hills have eyes review. Personally I think Wes Craven lost his touch long ago... you know... around the time he started the thriller genre with Scream. Wes Craven actually wrote/directed the original hills have eyes back in 1977. It was a pretty good movie then. However, this remake was written and directed by frenchie Alexandre Aja (Haute Tension). Wes Craven was only given a writing credit because it followed the original story line for the most part and I believe he did have a hand in the post production.

    This movie encompases everything I like to see in a remake, and a horror for that matter. It stays true to the original plot while building on it, updates it without ruining it, and ups the shock factor to make it more appealing to a modern audience. Maybe I'm just a sucker for shock and gore, but I thought it was the best horror remake to date. But then again movies like The Devil's Rejects, Haute Tension, and The Descent are on the top of my must see/own list.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ok, I have no idea who this other "matt" is, but he took my name. if it's chud, then my bad. but, then, he's usually chud.

    anyhoo, he's right. if you want to go see a horror flick, The Hills Have Eyes is as good as it gets.

    I hadn't heard of Inside Man, and fell asleep during Family Stone, twice, despite trying to stay awake. I like Good Night and Good Luck very much, however.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    haha its Matt Van Stone sucka, I was here first, I claimed it for my own.

    I agree though, I thought the family stone was dreadful.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile