7 days 2000km's


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It has been an extremely busy week. I started off monday morning 6am driving from Calgary to Edmonton... then Edmonton to Whitecourt and driving around the Whitecourt area for 2 days. Tuesday afternoon I headed from Whitecourt to Hinton where I stayed in a fabulous little inn... www.mccrackencountryinn.com ... It was absolutely amazing. If you are headed to Jasper or Hinton I would HIGHLY recommend it. Great people, little tea house, AMAZING rooms!!! and all of that for a really decent price. I spent 2 days in and around Hinton and drove back to Edmonton Thursday night. Spend a few hours wandering around West Edmonton Mall crashed in my hotel and drove back to Calgary on Friday morning.

Having done all this driving I have something else to review... SUV's. I have had 2 diffrent rentals so far and here is how I found them to stack up.

1st rental - 2006 Buick Rendezvous. This truck was awesome. It has a 6 speaker stereo, 5 person seating (5 x 200lbs men comfortably), massive interior, in floor storage, cool design and over 600km's per tank of gas. Handling was great, no problems on highway or gravel roads and the 6 speakers nearly blew my ear drums. The only thing wrong with the rental was that it was White and there was no MP3 player. Overall a very cool vehicle.

2nd Rental - 2006 Ford Escape. Well they got one this right, escape as fast as you can away from this piece of crap. It was the complete opposite of the Buick. It has no interior room for cargo, it seats 5 (4 x 200lbs men uncomfortably), the stereo was a 6 disk mp3 which was cool but if you turned it up at all you were afraid something was going to blow. The gas mileage was horrible... around 400km's per tank, and all with a smaller less powerful engine. Stay away!

Back to movies. Being on the road so much with not a lot to do at night I got to watch a few more... they are,

Sisterhood of traveling pants - The story is based on the book by Ann Brashares. 4 teen friends have their first summer apart since they were children. It follows them as they grow with their experiences over the summer and they share a magical pair of pants that fit them all. Pretty girly story as would be expected but still worth watching. If I haven't got the guys attentions yet look up Alexis Bledel and Blake Lively.... yowza! Rental Worthy.

Yours, mine, ours - A remake of the 1968 original. Army man with 8 kids and free spirited woman with 10, get married and bringing their 18 children to live together. They take the good, the take the bad and there you have... uh an ok family movie. Rent it on a cheap night.

The ice harvest - Starring John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton. They play a lawyer and strip club owner trying to screw the mob out of 2 million dollars. Really cool story and a way better movie than I was expecting. I would definitely check this out next time you are at the movie store.

Thank you for Smoking - I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a very long time. It is hard to describe but worth every minute. Go out and buy it!

Blade 2 - I finally saw this on TV while on the road. I have seen the first one over a dozen times but never the second or third. It was an alright movie. It continues to follow Blade around killing Vampires but no big story change here. A couple more cool fight scene's but that's about all. If you have seen the first and no other you might as well. No real suggestion here.

Monster House - Animated movie about a house that eats kids, teens and toys. A couple of kids decide to fight back and take the house down. Great animation but I wouldn't suggest this for a kid under 10. Some pretty scary scenes and things jumping out that made me twitch a couple times. Worth a rental though.


4 Responses to “7 days 2000km's”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I have to agree with your assessment of "Thank You For Smoking". That was an incredibly clever, VERY funny movie!

    The only problem I had is when the Dad is teaching the kid the art of arguing, and Chana kept looking over at me... She says she learned a lot from that flick.

    Uh oh.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ..Uh oh is right Mr. Joe...i am getting less naive by the second..

    and yes, the movie was awesome. not only entertaining but incredibly educational to me, ;p

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    ...Uh oh is right Mr. Joe..i'm getting less naive by the second..

    he is right, however, about the movie..it was a marvelous, entertaining time and must educational too ;p

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    are you seeing triple really? yeap, you are..

    i didn't see it take the first time so i thought i re-write to be wonderfully embarrassed...;)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile