Fights, Freaky, Fun and Thoughtful


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Night at the Museum - Starring Ben Stiller. I had no expectation before I saw this movie. It actually surprised me how fun it was. If I was a kid today, this would be my Jumanji . It was entertaining, light and fun. Great for any kid, expecially this big one (Me). This is a definite rental for the kids and if you sat down with them, you might have a little fun too.

An Inconvenient Truth - Starring Al Gore and the environment. If this movie doesn't shake you enough to want to do something about the current state of our planet... nothing will. Shocking stats, moving speaches, this movie sends a powerful message to everyone. This is probably not a purchase but it is a MUST SEE!!!

Shut Up & Sing - Starring The Dixie Chicks. The movie is based on their career after the lead singer Natalie Maines says she is "ashamed of the President of the US, that he is from Texas" while in Britain performing and the aftermath of her statement and how it affected the Dixie Chicks career. Very interesting movie, really makes you think about Free Speech. Rent it.

A Prairie Home Companion - I was told to watch this by a friend, if not only for the comedy sketch with Woody Harrelson and John C. Reilly. I decided just to buy it after looking at the cast. Very fun movie. A look behind the scenes during the last broadcast of America's most celebrated radio show. Very funny and worth a watch. Rental or come borrow it from me.

The Number 23 - Holy freakin amazing. Not the movie itself but the thought and detail put into it. The story is decent enough to follow. Jim Carrey plays Walter Sparrow, an ordinary "dog catcher" or so it seems. For his birthday his wife buys him a book about "The Number 23". The book, Walter finds, is very similar to his own life and the number starts showing up everywhere. And I mean everywhere! I lost count of how many times I made connections to it in numbers in the background. This will be a purchase when it comes out just so I can try and find all the 23's placed in the movie. Cheap theater or rental (later) if you are considering it.

Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj - Why not, you have to watch a bad movie every once in a while. And let me tell you, this was bad. If not for the obviously gratuitous nudity it would have been a waste of time. Rent it if you plan on drinking heavily.

300 - Overall I was a little disapointed. Spartan warriors fighting is cool but it was mainly war and not a gripping story. The cinematography was amazing, the effects and the feeling you yourself sitting in the audience were about to be splattered with blood was intense. But the story I felt was lacking. Go in expecting a fight and you'll be happy.


0 Responses to “Fights, Freaky, Fun and Thoughtful”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile