Windows Down, Stereo up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am really enjoying some of the music that is coming out these days. Such a wide range of taste and with the internet it makes it easier and easier to get your hands on great stuff. A few of the albums sitting in my player lately are:

Catching Tales - by Jamie Cullum - He does a new twist on the jazz and swing scene. And what an amazing voice.

In between dreams - by Jack Johnson - Lighter, pop'ish style. Great melody and lyrics.

Distort Yourself - by Institute - Headed by former Bush lead singer Gavin Rosdale. This album rocks! Still sounds close to what Bush did, but he twists up the style and rocks a little harder.

Haughty Melodic - by Mike Doughty - Former lead singer of Soul Coughing. He put this album out last year. You really have to like his unique voice in order to appreciate the music. If you haven't listened to soul coughing or Mike Doughty before you will need to sample before buying, it isn't for everyone.

Stranded in Suburbia - by Melissa Mcclelland - I saw her live a couple weeks ago. She was touring with Matthew Good on his accoustic tour. The live show they were both amazing. I'll throw up a picture or two later. This is a pretty good disk, she plays guitar very well.

What's in your player?


2 Responses to “Windows Down, Stereo up”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Well, I've actually been listening to a bit of Joshua Radin, as recommended by Zach Braff over at his seldom-updated blog... Not like the guy has anything better to do, right? But I'm afraid I slipped back into my old ways again today. That's right... I'm listening to the 80's.

    I can't help it! It's the music of my formative years... My years of discovery and adventure... My years of angst... My years of skipping class and handing assignments in late.

    Seriously, though, there isn't a guy my age who will admit to liking "Mr. Roboto", but there also isn't one who won't turn the radio up a bit when it comes on... trust me.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    aaah, heh, I think my musical tastes are somewhat different from yours Kyle. I don’t know a single song or artist on your list.

    The past few weeks I have been listening to a lot of Trivium, Darkest Hour, Norther, and As I Lay Dying, mixed in with my regular regimen of Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity, Black Label Society, and Himsa.

    I do have the internet to thank for me finding most of these bands.

    Some tracks I can’t stop listening to:
    Darkest Hour - Tranquil
    Some rad guitar playing on this track and the solo is nuts.

    Trivium - Pull harder on the strings of your martyr
    Children of Bodom - Next in line
    Dark Tranuillity - The Endless Feed
    Norther - Scream

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile