Crazy marketing.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Does anyone remember when Clearly Canadian released a drink called Orbitz? You know that crazy flavoured water with the floating balls of flavour... I remember. I also miss this product. People were always saying it was disgusting and that they could not stand the little flavour pellets. It was one of the most inventive drinks ever created... until now.

A company called Ipifini has created a new soft drink they are calling the "Programmable Beverage." Check out the picture HERE. You can "inject" your flavour/color with the push tabs at the top. With buttons for lemon, lime, vanilla, and cherry flavors, you will be able to make all sorts of crazy combinations. I can't wait until this hits the market. There are a few things I do not understand though.

1. How do you mix in your flavour? If it is carbonated you, for obvious reasons, can't shake it.

2. What happens to the flavours you don't use? Do you really want to pop them when you are finished and drink straight syrup?

3. How much is this "Choose your own adventure soda" going to cost, considering what a regular Cola is these days.

4. Am I getting old because I am complaining about the price of pop?

I am sure I will drop the $3.00 or what ever when it first comes out just to try it. Like Orbitz though, I don't think the product will remain on the shelves that long.


1 Responses to “Crazy marketing.”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow... thanks for the memories. I used to love Obitz, but my friends would always give me a hard time for it. I thought it was one of the coolest looking drinks out there though, and you get used to the odd texture pretty quickly.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile