Fan Films


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Every geek loves Star Wars, right? As a geek myself and a star wars fan I was watching Rocketboom a couple of weeks ago and they showed a small clip of this crazy homemade light saber fight. You can watch these two geeks fight it out HERE. This got me thinking... if someone can throw this together in their spare time... what else is out there I haven't seen.

I came across TheForce.net. A fan site dedicated to those who love Star Wars. On the site I found that these two geeks that made the light saber fight aren't the only ones. There are a few cool battles from other fans as well... plus a few short films.

The most popular of the short films was one called Reign of the Fallen. You can download the entire movie, made by fans, completely free. Now, I know what you are thinking... "Fan film, hmmm, probably some lame-o nerd dressed up as a jedi, swinging one of those $100 fake light sabers around" Well my friend you couldn't be more wrong. Well, for the most part, he still is a nerd dressed up as a jedi.

Reign is 55 minutes of unbelievable homemade footage. Realistic looking light saber battles, tons of Sith, ships and even a girl. These folks should get way more credit for this amazing work. I definitely suggest you download the entire movie! Why? Why not you cheapskate it's free!

Download it here.


4 Responses to “Fan Films”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I was pleasantly surprised by "Reign of the Fallen"... Had you not suggested it, I never would have considered downloading it. I like Star Wars enough, but I just don't think I've mastered the "geek" thing yet...

    Anyway, great recommendation!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great short film! Even though I'm not enough of a "geek" to track these gems down on my own, it's good to know you've got my back...

    Keep the recommendations coming!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What?!? 3 replies from the same guy?

    I just wanted to say that I thought Blogger "ate" my first comment (it has happened before, you know), so I wrote a second.

    Lo and Behold! Two for the price of one!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    That looks really awesome. I like watching well-done fan flicks. :) These people have far too much time on their hands, but I'm not complaining b/c they do a far better job than I can even dream of.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Wudrich
  • From Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • My profile